Exterior Application of Cast Plaster Products - Installation Guide
- First and foremost, insure that you contact Castle Design in advance and advise us that you plan to install the product outside. A special formulation will be needed at an additional cost to insure extra integrity. This special formula adds just (approximately) 30% to the cost of the product.
- Before Installing the product, ensure you have cast products on hand to assisty you with final dimensions and measurements.
- Locate and mark the area where the product is to be installed. Product must be fastened to material such as plywood, studs, or a concrete wall to ensure adequate support for fastening and bonding the product.
- Pre-drill product fastening holes before attempting to install the product to minimize cracking when fastening. If cracking occurs, patch with an exterior gypsum cement or concrete patch.
- Fasten product with coated nails, screws, toggle bolts or wall ties and use an exterior bonding agent (adhesive) on the back of the product. The fastening system you use needs to be proportionate to the weight and size of the product.
- All products manufactured for exterior must be treated or coated to protect against the elements. We recommend treating all areas of the product with several coats of boiled linseed oil, exterior base paint, concrete sealer, or other like material before and after installation.
* User shall determine and assume full responsibility for the suitability and installation of the product.